Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Greenglade Eid


Assalamu Alaikum...

I had made some mistakes in the past because I misunderstood something. I had started "Digital Tunnel" on the 25th of September 2008, Thursday. I haven't updated it yet, but I need to. What I misunderstood was the thought of the time going back an hour to winter time on the 27th of September 2008, Saturday.

According to that misunderstanding, I changed the clocks back hour during the morning of the 27th of September 2008, Saturday. It also rained on the 27th of September. I later found out during that night that the time hadn't changed.

I changed the clocks back to normal time during the early morning of the 28th of September 2008, Sunday. I also took out the garbage during that morning. I commented on UPI for the first time as Elzom Greenglade on the 29th of September 2008, Monday and I claimed the fluff-friends.com domain name of greenglade.fluff-friends.com.

I also registered for Minekey.com with the domain address of greenglade.minekey.com and making a grave mistake by connecting it to my Facebook application. I explored changing my name on Minekey until I eventually settled on Amarito {Meric Land}. I also changed the domain address to amarito.minekey.com.

On the Greenglade Eid, which was the 30th of September 2008, Tuesday, and was the first day of Eid Al-Fitr here in Jordan, I wasn't in a Eid mood for numerous reasons that I won't get into. I changed my background and profile photo back to normal yesterday. I sensed that yesterday was the beginning of some major global changed.

I had stopped writing my Ramadan diary since Ramadan was over a few days ago. I liked writing my Ramadan diary to the degree that insha' Allah I'd definitely do it every Ramadan I can. When I found out that yesterday was Eid here in Jordan the night before, I was upset and sad.

I had decided yesterday to name Eid Al-Fitr of 1429 as "Greenglade Eid" because of how I felt in numerous ways, and of the possibility of it being the beginning of some major changes. During the morning yesterday I had a dream and I won't get into it but one way I could explain it partially is that Allah was reassuring that He's always here for me.

I had some difficulty with the internet yesterday, as I couldn't get into blogspot. I'm coming to think that Allah didn't want me to because yesterday wasn't Eid Al-Fitr globally, but today is, whether it's the first or second day. I didn't fast yesterday and I made sure of it by putting some food and drink in my stomach during the day.

But today I'm fasting, since it's the second day of Eid, and I'm allowed to fast. I had the intention of fasting the six days of Shawaal starting from today insha' Allah, and insha' Allah I'll be able to fast all six days together. I talked with my brother during the night yesterday, and he was still fasting along with my dad.

My dad informed yesterday through an e-mail that he'd call me. I'm thinking he didn't call me yesterday because he was still fasting, and I don't know if he would call me today. I named this Eid Greenglade Eid yesterday, but since Eid Al-Fitr is three days, it is still Greenglade Eid.

The photo is of me in one of my dad's previous green jacket in the guest room that I took yesterday. Take care, and asslamu alaikum...

No comments: